San Francisco Health Care and Rehab, Inc. is a 168 beds skilled nursing facility and rehabilitation center located east of Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. We are ranked as #1 Best Nursing Home in San Francisco and #5 in California by Newsweek based on the Statista data. We offer our staff a welcoming environment, a diverse workplace, and lots of opportunity for growth. We aim to provide top tier quality care for all our patients and offer a range of services to aid in patient development, and recovery.
To learn more, visit our website at http://www.sfhcr.com. Please reply to this posting with your resume, and if your qualifications are a match, a member of our team will be in contact.
Requirements & Qualifications:
* Licensed to work as a Registered Nurse or Certified Nursing Assistant in California.
* Certification in Basic Life Support (AHA approved).
* Must possess, as a minimum high school diploma.
* Experience in Skilled Nursing environment is a plus, but not required.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language (knowledge of Chinese language is a plus).
* Consistently and positively communicates and collaborates with colleagues, supervisors, and customers, both internal and external
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
* Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.
* Meets attendance standards and use timekeeping system accurately and consistently.
Responsibilities (duties outlined in this posting are not intended to be comprehensive of the role itself):
* Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
* Report all changes in the resident’s condition to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse as soon as practical.
* Report all accidents and incidents you observe on the shift that they occur.
* Follow established policies concerning exposure to blood/body fluids.
* Assist residents with daily dental and mouth care (i.e., brushing teeth/dentures, oral hygiene, special mouth care, etc.).
* Assist residents with bath functions (i.e., bed-bath, tub or shower bath, etc.) as directed.
* Keep residents dry (i.e., change gown, clothing, linen, etc., when it becomes wet or soiled).
* Position bedfast residents in correct and comfortable position.
* Assist resident with bowel and bladder functions (i.e., take to bathroom, offer bedpan/urinal, portable commode, etc.).
* Maintain intake and output records as instructed.
* Measure and record temperatures, pulse, and respirations (TPRs), as instructed.
* Flexible Schedules (FT/PT/On-Call) 8-hour & 12-hour shifts available
* 8 Paid Holidays
* On the job training
* Growth opportunities
* Close to public transportation
Bring your PASSION, CHARACTER and PURPOSE and work for us!