Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Inner City COVID Outreach Team as a Clinical Coordinator. Apply today to join our team!
The COVID-19 Outreach Team (COT) provides clinical support to under-housed, precariously housed or homeless clients who are admitted to the designated isolation sites during the COVID-19 pandemic. COT provides short term care to clients admitted to designated isolation sites with a focus on COVID-19 symptom management.
COT primarily aims to:
- Decrease community transmission of COVID-19
- Transition to alternate level of care ( acute care) when potential serious complications of illness arise
- Manage client’s symptoms based on client’s goals of care and support/monitor client during a period of convalescence.
As a Clinical Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide first line supervision, coordinates the day to day operations of the designated outreach and community isolation sites and ensures that clinical operations comply with the applicable Health Canada requirements.
- Coordinate client flow activities by reviewing outreach processes and developing protocols for improving client flow.
- Provids clinical direction and coordination of clients and assists the Manager with a variety of administrative activities to ensure efficient and optimal use of client care resources.
- Liais with designated team members/staff and supports interdisciplinary practice, quality improvement initiatives and supports interdisciplinary integration of services.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practising registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three years' recent, related nursing experience in the Community Health Nursing including one year's related leadership/supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of TIP, ACS, harm reduction, and recovery principles and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing health system and an understanding the broad determinants of health.
- Broad knowledge of the local Community and regional initiatives that may impact patient care, resource access or practice guidelines in this local clinic setting.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative and professional judgment.
- Ability to supervise.