Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team in the COVID Medicine Unit at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As an RN in Acute Medicine at Vancouver General Hospital you will:
- Provide nursing care to assigned patients/clients by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for the designated Acute Medicine patient/client group.
- Participate in discharge planning, function as a client advocate and teach clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group - Acute Medicine; including but not limited to patients with complex diseases, respiratory therapies, IV therapies, substance abuse & addictions, and nutritional therapies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations related to area of practice (e.g. Sepsis; Acute Respiratory illness/disease; Hepatic failure; Renal failure; DKA; Malignancies/Cancers; Hematological disorders; GI illness/ disease).
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnosis and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated patient/client group (e.g. Pain (Acute/Chronic/Neuropathic/Palliative); Substance use & addictions; Withdrawal; Cardiac/Respiratory arrest; Shock; Seizures).
- Demonstrated ability to perform focused secondary assessments and integrate information from a variety of sources including diagnostics and develop plan of care relevant to the designated patient/client group.