Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Post Coronary Care Unit at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in Cardiac Care you will:
- Provide nursing care to cardiac patients with unpredictable outcomes and provides care to patients presenting with a wide variety of symptoms/illnesses.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers, and work closely with an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in your nursing practice.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Recent, related experience in cardiac care nursing or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the indications, actions, reactions, routes, dosages and side effects of drugs used in a cardiac care environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in cardiac care environment.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and/or emergency and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to cardiac care nursing.
- Skill in the use of cardiac care monitoring and support equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.