Registered Nurse, Relocation to Fort Nelson BC
As a Registered Nurse you are responsible for the provision of direct nursing care for patients. Duties are of a diverse nature involving developing patient care programs, administering treatments, monitoring progress and initiating interventions where required, providing educational and emotional support to patients and families and maintaining up to date, accurate records of patient history and status.
- Compiles and updates patient medical records such as progress summaries, kardex and charts to ensure complete and accurate documentation is maintained; records all mediations, treatments and procedures; patient conditions and unusual incidents according to established hospital standards.
- Completes a count of narcotics at the end of the shift.
- Maintains a safe environment for patient, families and staff by adhering to emergency procedures and safety policies and procedures.
What you bring
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitoring Certificates mandatory.
- One (1) year recent experience in assigned area of responsibility preferred.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
View Fort Nelson Community