As a Critical Care Nurse you work in a team that provides and coordinates nursing care with current standards of nursing practice and the Clinical Specialty of Critical Care & Emergency Care Nursing. Clinical experience to independently work in Emergency is required.
- Responsible and accountable for the physical and psychological care of ER assigned patient group.
- Uses the nursing process in providing patient care; completes assessments of ER patients and communicates this appropriately. Adjusts plan of care in consultation with medical staff and implements plans.
- Performs documentation duties in ER unit and patient record which is timely, accurate and concise and in accordance with current hospital policy.
- Maintains an awareness of emergency response protocol and procedures for critical care patient situations.
- Ability to manage patient care equipment appropriately (includes but is not exclusive to ventilator, cardiac monitor and defibrillator).
- Provides leadership and acts as a resource person for the staff, participating in problem solving and providing direction as appropriate.
What you bring
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Minimum two (2) years medical/surgical experience and/or Post Diploma Certificate in Critical Care and/or Emergency Nursing and/or equivalent combination of experience and training. Applicants without formal Emergency/Critical Care Training and/or equivalent experience will be expected to enroll in an Emergency or Critical Care Course within 6 months of receiving the job.
- CPR (Basic Life Support) certification.
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification or willingness to complete within 1 year.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com