Northern Health is accepting applications for a full time maternity nurse for Dawson Creek & District Hospital. This Maternity focused position identifies, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care required to assist patients in meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs.
- Determines client status and response to actual and potential health problems, plans interventions, performs and evaluates planned interventions.
- Administers medications based on patient status and physicians’ orders. Assesses charts and reports patient responses to medications to physician.
- Provides direct nursing care by performing duties such as personal hygiene, monitoring vital signs, wound care, management of intravenous, chest drainage and assisting physician with other medical / surgical procedures.
- Provides direct nursing interventions for management of crisis and life threatening situations and violent and aggressive behavior.
- Documents assessments, nursing care plans, patient status and progress and discharge plans.
- Provides interventions for psychosocial / spiritual and progress and discharge plans.
What you bring
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current Level C CPR certification required.
- Labour and Delivery / Recovery / Post Partum: Two (2) years recent related experience with a significant labour and delivery component, working in an acute care setting and / or recent completion of an Advanced Obstetrical Certificate and / or recent Midwifery Certificate.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Certification.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com