Chetwynd General Hospital is accepting applications for registered nurses to work with their highly engaged team of healthcare professionals.
As Registered Nurse you practice in a variety of clinical settings and is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care. Working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse ensures the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs. The Registered Nurse demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities.
- Completes a comprehensive assessment of the physiological, psychological, socio-cultural and spiritual needs of the client and family unit and determines client status and responses to actual or potential health problems.
- Coordinates and oversees the overall care. Sets priorities, provides clinical expertise and leadership for the plan of care, plans and implements health care treatments and interventions, and assigns and delegates tasks as appropriate to other members of the healthcare team. Evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of treatments and interventions on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures the client/family unit actively participates in the development, implementation and ongoing modification of the plan of care, including the long and short-term goals. Develops and implements learning plans to meet identified client learning needs.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship through the use of effective interpersonal and interviewing techniques, ensuring client choice and autonomy in decision making and care planning. Acts as a role model by demonstrating empathy, trust, and respect in all interpersonal relationships, and recognizes personal impact on team dynamics.
What you bring
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitoring Certificates mandatory.
- One (1) year recent experience in assigned area of responsibility preferred.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org