Northern Health is accepting applications for a Community Health Worker in Fort Nelson BC.
As a Community Health Worker you assist clients with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, planning and preparing meals while promoting maximum independence.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living such as feeding, lifts and transfers, bathing skin care, oral hygiene, and toileting.
- Performs delegated tasks for which delegation of tasks training has been completed, such as catheter care, suppository insertion, application of non-sterile dressings, assistance with medication administration, provides medication reminders, and exercise and mobilization routines.
- Plans, prepares and serves meals, in accordance to care plan
- Performs duties as authorized in care plan, washing dishes after meal prep, laundry
What you bring
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program or equivalent combination of current education, training and experience.
- Registered on the BC Care Aid Registry.
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License.
- Use of personal vehicle.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org