Northern Health is accepting application for a Critical Care nurse for Mills Memorial Hospital in Terrace, BC
Provides and coordinates nursing care with current standards of nursing practice and the Clinical Specialty of ICU, Acute Care and Emergency/Ambulatory Care Nursing.
- Responsible and accountable for the physical and psychological care of ICU/AC/ER patient group.
- Uses the nursing process in providing patient care; completes assessments of patients and communicates this appropriately. Adjusts plan of care in consultation with medical staff and implements plans.
- Performs documentation on patient record which is timely, accurate and concise and in accordance with current hospital policy.
- Maintains an awareness of emergency response protocol and procedures for critical care patient situations.
What you bring:
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Minimum two (2) years medical/surgical experience and/or Post Diploma Certificate in Critical Care and/or Emergency Nursing and/or equivalent combination of experience and training. Applicants without formal Emergency/Critical Care Training and/or equivalent experience will be expected to enroll in an Emergency or Critical Care Course.
- CPR (Basic Life Support) certification.
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification or willingness to complete within 1 year.
- ENPC (Emergency Nurses Pediatric Course) (An asset but not mandatory)
- TNCC (Trauma Nursing Core Course) certification (an asset but not mandatory).
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks vacation to start
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions that include: Empathy – Respect – Collaboration – Innovations.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com