Northern Health is accepting applications for a Resident Care Aide at Gateway.
The Resident Care Attendant aide is part of the multidisciplinary team and provides resident care in accordance with resident-centred care philosophy and established regional and facility policies and procedures.
- Provides personal care to resident such as assisting the resident with bathing, dressing, care of skin, nails and hair; changing bed and assisting with toilet needs; oversees residents exercise routines as required
- Assists residents with meals by preparing residents for meals, serving and/or collecting meal trays, and feeding designated residents (including oral fluids) to ensure residents receive adequate nutrition according to individual care plans and food preferences.
- Transports, transfers and positions residents utilizing mechanical aides such as wheelchairs and/or lifting devices.
- Performs nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration, administering suppositories and enemas, changing colostomy bags, providing in situ catheter care, obtaining specimens such as urine, stool and/or sputum, and administering non-sterile dressings as assigned by Team Leader/RCC/RN/RPN/LPN; records observations, and reports problems and/or changes in resident’s condition to designated nursing staff.
What you bring
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must be registered with the BC Care Aide Registry.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org