Northern Health is accepting applications for an experienced OR Nurse for Mills Memorial Hospital.
The OR Nurse provides and co-ordinates nursing care to assigned patients consistent with current standards of nursing practice and the clinical specialty of operating room nursing and post-anaesthetic care nursing. Nursing responsibilities include scheduled on-call responsibilities for emergency surgery and PACU assignment.
- Accountable and responsible for the provision of nursing care to all assigned patients admitted to the operating suite/PACU.
- Responsible for completing scrub nurse duties, circulating nurse, float nurse duties as assigned by Charge Nurse.
- Responsible for providing care to assigned patients (adult & children) in the PACU as assigned.
- Responsible for monitoring that the admission, assessment, treatment and evaluation of the care provided to all patients admitted to the operating suite/PACU.
- Monitors that documentation on unit and inpatient records is timely, accurate and concise, and in accordance with current hospital policy.
What you bring
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Post diploma certification in operating room techniques and procedures, or post diploma course in post-anaesthetic care nursing, CPNC (national perioperative certification) desirable OR
- Equivalent combination of education, training and recent experience in O.R. and P.A.C.U.
- Critical care skills an asset.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com