Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Interventional Radiology team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in Interventional Radiology you will:
- Perform nursing functions associated with interventional radiology, computed tomography and other medical imaging procedures to patients of all ages who may be critically ill and/or attached to life-support equipment, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Assist physicians during procedures and perform direct nursing care as appropriate to ensure the comfort and safety of patients undergoing procedures.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family.
- Prepare for and respond to fluctuating workloads, unexpected critical situations and the requirement to be on-call as required.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers as well as with other members of the Medical Imaging team.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approaches in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized critical care nursing program or two years recent, related experience in an interventional radiology or critical care setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmacology and patient physiological reactions related to anesthesia and/or procedural sedation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in a critical care environment.
- Demonstrated ability in the initiation and management of IV therapy and administration of IV medications.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.