Northern Health is accepting applications for a nurse to work in med/surg and maternity.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations in Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/Hours of Work: Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00
This position plans and provides direct nursing care to patients in accordance with the hospital policies and BCCNM Standards for Nursing Practice in British Columbia. This position reports to the Maternity Coordinator.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Assess, records and reports the health status of assigned maternity patients to identify and document patient status.
- Collaborates with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team members to develop and modify a care plan to address the assessed needs.
- Provides nursing care to patients, explains care plan to patient and family.
- Evaluates patient response to the care by assessing the effect of the nursing interventions as identified in the care plan and modifying interventions as appropriate. Initiates the multi-disciplinary team evaluation of patient care, including readiness for discharge.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as a practicing RN registrant.
- All Specially Trained Nursing Skills (STN) related to the unit of employment must be completed within six (6) months of employment.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org