Northern Health is accepting applications for a part time (.42 FTE) LPN for Terraceview Lodge, providing excellent care for our residents.
Terraceview lodge (TVL) is a 99 bed Long-term care Facility with 4 care communities: Lakelse, Copper, Skeena and Nass. The facility is comprised of 90 long-term care beds, 3 hospice palliative care beds, and 6 short stay beds available for respite and convalescence stays.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations in Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation: Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00
In collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the Licensed Practical Nurse applies Nursing Process, performs assessments, plans, provides nursing care, and may provide direction to other staff.
- Assesses patient/resident/family’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs. Where appropriate, encourages patient/resident participation in activities of daily living.
- Develops and contributes to the development and on going changes to the individualized plan of care, including attending and providing input into multidisciplinary care planning meetings and family conferences.
- Performs nursing procedures and interventions and monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the procedures and interventions. Administers oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications including PRN medications in accordance with organizational and pharmaceutical policies and procedures. Reports problems and changes to the Clinical Supervisor and/or designate.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
- One (1) year of recent, related acute care or residential experience.
To apply for this position or for more information, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com