Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join the Integrated Care Team at the Downtown Community Health Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse with VCH, you will:
- Work to address client and family centred care needs supported by an integrated health service team and delivery model.
- Work collaboratively to coordinate and develop a plan of care across multiple sites, clinics, and services within an integrated health service delivery model and interdisciplinary care team that includes primary care; mental health and substance use; private General Practitioner (GP) partners; and other Community Care Services.
- Care for clients and families who are experiencing health challenges such as, but not limited to:
- end of life,
- chronic disease,
- mental health and substance use
- and are adversely affected by the social determinants of health to establish and coordinates a plan of care and support transitions between services.
- Use health management and/or self-care management principles to conduct physical and mental health assessments, identify problems, address issues or variances from the plan of care in collaboration with the entire interdisciplinary team and any other health care services involved.
- Act as a resource for the Downtown Eastside (DTES) integrated team by providing information and nursing support based on nursing theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs.
- Provide direct care activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care as part of the Integrated Care Team and collaboratively with other Community Care Services.
- Establish, maintain and enhance therapeutic relationships based on respect.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience providing care through a holistic mental health, substance use and primary care lens or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a client and family centered recovery model in mental illness.
- RNs to have a willingness to obtain certified skills (i.e. contraceptive management, assessment/ treatment of sexually transmissible infections) at the discretion of the manager.
- Knowledge and skills to provide care coordination to a select caseload of clients.
- Ability to assess clients at risk and knowledge of appropriate acts; e.g. Mental Health Act, Adult Guardianship, Public Health Act as it relates to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally safe and competent care, specifically pertaining to Aboriginal people.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.