Northern Health is accepting applications an LPN Coordinator. Expand your LPN experience with this advanced role.
The Pines is a one-level facility with 2 main resident wings centered around common activity, lounge and dining areas. The Pines provides Recreational Therapy Services on a daily basis. Pastoral and Spiritual Services are provided by local clergy and other spiritual care resources. There is a Volunteer Program in place to accompany Residents on social outings, appointments, and assist with feeding. Hairdressing and barber services are available on site for a fee determined by the service provider. The Pines also provides an on-site integrated community adult day program, operating 3 days per week.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations of Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work: Monday – Friday, Days 0:800 – 16:00
The LPN Coordinator coordinates the work of the LPN and Care Aides on the unit(s) including making and adjusting work assignments, providing work direction, scheduling staff, monitoring and following up on the work of staff to ensure outcomes of care are achieved and ongoing evaluation of staff work.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Supervises Care Aides and Licensed Practical Nurses by making and coordinating work assignments, scheduling staff, sharing information and demonstrating tasks/clinical skills to ensure that individual Care Plans are communicated, understood and followed. Troubleshoots staff issues and provides feedback to Manager/Team Lead as required/requested. Monitors and follows up on the work of designated staff to ensure outcomes are achieved. Conducts ongoing evaluation of staff work performance and provides related input to Manager/Team Lead. Conducts regular medication and housekeeping audits as per established procedures.
- Participates in the assessment process, development and modification of individualized Care plans/Discharge Plans that support the preferences and needs of residents/patients.
- Responsible for contacting Clinical Practice Lead/Physician/Primary Care Nurse assigned to the resident/patient should there be a need for increased care, problems, unusual signs or symptoms or changes with the resident/patient.
- Models team based nursing, shares knowledge with staff and provides information and feedback to Manager/Team Lead regarding developmental needs, safety concerns, orientation requirements, and other issues or concerns.
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses plus three (3) years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
To apply for this position or for more information, send your resume and cover letter to Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org