Northern Health is accepting applications for a Critical Care Nurse providing nursing in the Emergency and ICU departments at Dawson Creek and District Hospital.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations in northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift rotation/hours of work: Days, Evenings, Nights - 07:30 to 19:30, 19:30 to 07:30
Dawson Creek & District Hospital is accepting applications for their critical care department working in both ICU and ER.
The ER/ICU RN identifies, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care to assist patients in meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs in the Emergency and Critical Care environment.
- Determines client status and response to actual and potential health problems, plans interventions, performs and evaluates planned interventions.
- Administers medications based on patient status and physicians’ orders. Assesses charts and reports patient responses to medications to physician.
- Provides direct nursing care by performing duties such as personal hygiene, monitoring vital signs, wound care, management of intravenous, chest drainage and assisting physician with other medical / surgical procedures.
- Provides direct nursing interventions for management of crisis and life threatening situations and violent and aggressive behavior.
- Responds to Code Blue calls.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current CPR, IV Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitoring certificates.
To apply for this position or for more information, please submit your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org