Northern Health is accepting applications for a med/surg nurse at Dawson Creek & District Hospital.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations of Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work: Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00
The nurse identifies, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care required to assist patients in meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Determines client status and response to actual and potential health problems, plans interventions, performs and evaluates planned interventions.
- Administers medications based on patient status and physicians’ orders. Assesses charts and reports patient responses to medications to physician.
- Provides direct nursing care by performing duties such as personal hygiene, monitoring vital signs, wound care, management of intravenous, chest drainage and assisting physician with other medical / surgical procedures.
- Provides direct nursing interventions for management of crisis and life threatening situations and violent and aggressive behavior.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current Level C CPR certification required.
- Ambulatory Care / Endoscopy / Cancer Care: Two years recent medical/surgical experience. Successful completion of Chemotherapy training within one month of appointment. Two years recent ER experience including experience with chronic venapuncture patients.
- Emergency: Two years recent related experience working in emergency department and / or two years recent related medical/surgical experience. Initiates crisis codes as per hospital policy. Responds to Code Blue calls. Assumes First Aid Attendant role as per policy.
- Intensive Care Unit: Completion of a post-graduate Critical Care Course or two years recent experience in an equivalent setting.
- Labour and Delivery / Recovery / Post Partum: Two (2) years recent related experience with a significant labour and delivery component, working in an acute care setting and / or recent completion of an Advanced Obstetrical Certificate and / or recent Midwifery Certificate. Current Neonatal Resuscitation Certification.
To apply for this position or for more information, send your resume and cover letter to Keenan.firstname.lastname@example.org