Northern Health is accepting applications for a Unit Manager for Dawson Creek hospital. Expand your nursing skills providing leadership to the staff in med/surg.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations of Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work: Rotating Days, 08:00 – 16:00
The Unit Manager is responsible and accountable for providing leadership in the managing of the Medical, Surgical, Paediatric and Maternity units. The Unit Manager supervise staff; oversees the day to day clinical operation within standards of Care and Best Practice; and manages financial resources to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the unit.
Top 5 Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of quality patient care by observing and working with staff, monitoring standards of nursing care and acting as a resource and role model.
- Co-ordinates the quality management process for the Unit/Program, which includes risk management and utilization of resources.
- Coordinates bed utilization and discharge planning for the departments.
- Participates in the hiring of new staff members.
- Coordinates the development, implementation, and evaluation of staff training, and orientation programs.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a clinical setting where relevant nursing skills and theoretical knowledge have been applied and includes a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a management capacity or an equivalent combination of training, and experience.
To apply for this position or for more information, send your resume and cover letter to Keenan.firstname.lastname@example.org