Northern Health is accepting applications and oncology nurse for Dawson Creek & District Hospital. If you have a passion for nursing and clinical background with training and experience in chemotherapy, we have the position for you!
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations of Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work: Monday to Friday / Days - 08:00 to 16:00
As a Oncology RN you coordinate and implement nursing care service such as patient assessment, patient and family teaching, administration of chemotherapy and health promotion activities to cancer patients, in accordance with established policies, standards, procedures and philosophy at BC Cancer Agency.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Collects and documents patient healthcare information on patients and their families.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of nursing observation, intervention, teaching and evaluation of nursing care.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of telephone communication.
- Plans, coordinates, and delivers direct patient care activities in the clinic. Utilizes and implements appropriate nursing skills/techniques in the care of the adult oncology patent and family.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- CNA Oncology Certification or eligibility.
- Clinical experience, within the last 2 years, in an Oncology/Outpatient Chemotherapy adult setting or 3 years Acute Care nursing experience in a specialty care Unit is required.
- British Columbia Cancer Agency Chemotherapy Certification or equivalent Chemotherapy certification from a recognized Cancer Agency.
To apply for this position or for more information, send your resume and cover letter to Keenan.email@example.com