Primary and Community Care
Northern Health’s approach to person and family-centered care involves creating health care teams, which include your doctor or nurse practitioner and other health care professionals, to provide a range of health care services. This increases the quality of care by providing continuity of care over time and across settings, and will result in better long-term health outcomes.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations in Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift rotation/hours of work: Monday – Friday – Days 08:00 – 16:30
Top 3 Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborates with physicians and the interprofessional team and other services to develop, implement and evaluate comprehensive care plans and interventions for people and their families using systematic assessment and best practices/evidence based standards.
- Provides direct clinical care and services to individuals, groups and the community.
- Fosters self-management skills for people with complex chronic conditions by providing individual/family education and counselling that enhances knowledge and problem solving in relation to chronic disease risk actors, condition and treatment, grieving, aging, and family adjustments, utilizing behavioral theories/strategies and adult learning theories.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
- Three years recent, related clinical nursing experience in primary care nursing and/or chronic disease management settings, including experience developing and providing formal education to patients, families, the general public, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Current valid BC Driver’s License.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume/cover letter to email@example.com
Primary Care at Northern Health