Northern Health is accepting applications for a part time (.49 FTE) LPN position for Chetwynd General Hospital.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations of Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work: Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 rotating
Under the direction of the Unit/Program Manager or designate and in collaboration as a member of a multidisciplinary team, performs assessments, plans and provides personal care, and performs nursing procedures.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Assesses patient/resident/family’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs. Where appropriate, encourages patient/resident participation in activities of daily living.
- Contributes to the development and ongoing changes to the individualized plan of care, including attending and providing input into multidisciplinary care planning meetings and family conferences.
- Performs nursing care and procedures and evaluates outcomes. Administers medications to assigned patients/residents according to unit specific protocols.
- Participates in admissions, discharges, and transfers of patients/residents according to agency operating policies and procedures.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
To apply for this position or for more information, send your resume and cover letter to Shannon.Rodrigues@northernhealth.ca