Northern Health is accepting applications for a permanent full time psychiatric nurse for Dawson Creek & District Hospital.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations of Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work: Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 rotating
As Psychiatric Nurse you are a member of the multidisciplinary adult care team and provides nursing assessment and treatment services for adults who may suffer from various psychiatric illnesses and mental disorders.
Top 4 Key Area of Responsibility
- Provides psychiatric nursing care to individuals with a variety of mental disorders.
- Enhance patient compliance with treatment and rehabilitation plans.
- Participates in developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating a comprehensive individual patient/client, treatment/rehabilitation plan designed to overcome living skills deficits.
- Contributes as a member of the Psychiatric Services/Mental Health group.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
- Current CPR and Blood Glucose Monitoring certification.
- Post graduate psychiatric nursing course for RN's, Canadian Nurses Association certification program in psychiatry, or equivalent combination of training or experience.
To apply for this position or for more information, send your resume and cover letter to Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org