Northern Health is accepting applications for a permanent full time emergency nurse at the Fort St. John Hospital & Health Centre. As your main focus is emergency you are given the opportunity to expand your experience working in other department such as ICU, maternity, med/surg and ambulatory care.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift rotation/hours of work: Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 rotating
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
As an ER nurse you work with a team that is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities of patients presenting in the Emergency Department.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Practices nursing in accordance with established unit, Hospital and Professional Standards and CNA code of ethics.
- Assesses patients in a thorough, systematic and timely manner in accordance with the Canadian Triage and Acuity Score (CTAS) guidelines.
- Plans and provides teaching to patients and their families based on identified learning needs.
- Provides information to assist patients and family members to make their own decisions and to access available resources.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Acquires and maintains skill certification in the following: A.C.L.S., CPR, Neonatal Resuscitation, IV therapy, Blood Glucose Monitoring, Ventilator and basic Cardiac Monitoring.
- Three (3) years’ full-time recent acute care experience involving intensive care, obstetrics and emergency or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
To apply: send your resume/cover letter to email@example.com