Northern Health is accepting applications for an experienced full time operating room nurse to work in both OR and Med/Surg.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations of Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work: Monday – Friday, 0:800 – 16:00
Reporting to the OR Charge nurse, the Operating Room nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the Wrinch Memorial Hospital policies and accepted standards.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Provides nursing care by performing nursing functions.
- Collaborates with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team members to develop and modify a care plan to address the assessed needs of the individual.
- Assesses, records and reports the health status of assigned patients to identify and document patient status by performing duties.
- Evaluates patient response to the care by assessing the effect of the nursing interventions as identified in the care plan and modifying interventions as appropriate.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Post basic training and/or one year’s recent related clinical experience in an OR/PAR/PACU setting and/or one (1) year recent related clinical experience in a critical care area or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Current up-to-date immunization record.
- Successful completion of Criminal Record Check.
- ACLS preferred.
To apply for this position or for more information, send your resume and cover letter to Keenan.Gobbi@northernhealth.ca