Northern Health is accepting applications for full time registered nurse at the Mackenzie & District hospital. The hospital has 5 beds providing both medical and emergency services. Services also include, medical imaging, laboratory and mental health services.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation: Days, Nights: 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00
As a Registered Nurse in the medical/surgical unit you are responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Provides complete patient care such as direct care, health teaching and emotional support following established policies and procedures.
- Provides accurate written record of nursing observations and care and completes hospital records following established policies and procedures.
- Provides a safe environment by being familiar with equipment, emergency procedures and maintains a tidy, well stocked nursing area.
- Liaises with other nursing staff, staff of other hospital departments, physicians and community agencies to provide patient care.
What you bring
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
- All Specially Trained Nursing Skills (STN) related to the unit of employment must be completed within six (6) months of employment.
To apply for this position or for more information, please submit your resume/cover letter to email@example.com