Northern Health is accepting applications for an Urgency Response Nurse for a full time Mental Health & Substance Use program.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations in Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work: Days, Evenings - 08:17 to 19:30 - rotating
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- While directly involved with the client, conducts follow up assessments of the client’s condition and determines the client’s needs.
- Provides rapidly accessible, short term bio/psycho/social services that include a continuum of services designed to optimize clients’ recovery and ability to function.
- Provides short term case management, supportive counseling, and other forms of direct service, and directly provides or assists the clients to access services to deal with treatment and recovery issues.
- Arranges access to specialized services such as substance use, forensic/criminal justice, developmental disability, and acquired brain injury.
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing.
- Two years’ recent related experience in a mental health and substance use environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Current valid B.C. driver’s license.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to Shannon.Rodrigues@northernhealth.ca