Northern Health is accepting applications for a full time med/surg RN for Haida Gwaii Hospital & Health Centre.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations of Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work: Monday – Friday, Days 0:800 – 16:00
Plans and provides direct nursing care to patients in accordance with the hospital policies and BCCNM. Standards for Nursing Practice in British Columbia.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Assess, records and reports the health status of assigned patients to identify and document patient status by performing duties.
- Collaborates with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team members to develop and modify a care plan to address the assessed needs of the individual.
- Provides nursing care by performing nursing functions.
- Evaluates patient response to the care by assessing the effect of the nursing interventions as identified in the care plan and modifying interventions as appropriate.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- All Specially Trained Nursing Skills (STN) related to the unit of employment must be completed within six (6) months of employment.
To apply for this position or for more information, send your resume and cover letter to Keenan.Gobbi@northernhealth.ca