Northern Health is accepting applications a permanent full time Oncology Nurse for Kitimat General Hospital in Kitimat and Mills Memorial Hospital in Terrace BC.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations of Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work:
The Community Oncology Nurse provides and coordinates care for the community oncology program within the two facilities. This program provides a link between the designated Health Councils and the BC Cancer Agency and the Communities Oncology Network. The nurse functions under the general direction of the Director of Nursing & Head Nurse Critical Care. This position will be required to work in both Kitimat and Terrace on a weekly basis, flexibility is required.
Top Four Key Responsibilities
- To coordinate chemotherapy treatment with the patient, physician, and pharmacist including organizing and scheduling treatments including diagnostic tests; developing individualized care plan, monitoring care including side effects and consulting with the health care team to ensure best possible treatment.
- To administer chemotherapy safely following BCCA guidelines and standards.
- To develop and maintain information resources both for health care providers and patients.
- To provide information to health care provides and the patients about cancer, treatment, community resources, and the services of the Cancer Agency. This may include home visits, telephone contact, or visits to the office or resource centre.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Post basic course in oncology nursing preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Chemotherapy certified with the BC Cancer Agency.
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) trained.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
To apply for this position or for more information, send your resume and cover letter to Keenan.Gobbi@northernhealth.ca