Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Vancouver Detox team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Educator;Vancouver Detox team you will:
- Provide clinical education services including individual and group learning assessments, developing, implementing and evaluating clinical education programs and resources using specialized theory and knowledge of (content area) as well as teaching and learning principles and processes.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with program and team members as well as other Educators, in promotion of continuous quality improvement, resolution of clinical education issues, and coordination of activities required for progressive educational and clinical practice programs; take corrective action with respect to individual and group learning needs.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three years’ recent, related nursing experience (relevant to the designated clinical area), including one year's related teaching experience and/or group facilitation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel requires use of a personal vehicle for which mileage will be reimbursed.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing science theory, and practice within a client/family centred care model.
- Broad knowledge of the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) standards of practice for nursing.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical practice related to treatment and care of the designated client population.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.