Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Nursing Practice Initiatives Lead to join the Professional Practice Admin VC team at 520 West 6th. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nursing Practice Initiatives Lead with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for promoting excellence and advancing professional practice relevant to the strategic direction of the Organization, Professional Practice and the Community of Care (CoC).
- Work in close collaboration with the regional Professional Practice team, the CoC Operational teams and other relevant internal/external stakeholders, she/he guides the development of professional standards and practice, scope and regulations, supports research activities, and fosters collaboration and problem solving between programs, projects and professional staff.
- Provide leadership and expert consultative advice on nursing issues, including scope of practice, clinical informatics, resource planning and research to enhance the practice environments and achieve effective and efficient quality of care.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in nursing
- Three (3) to five (5) year’s recent, related experience in a complex health care environment including program planning, education, facilitation and project leadership or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of professional practice, nursing regulations and nursing standards and application of these across the continuum of care.
- Understands available resources for practice and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides knowledgeable input into the planning and resources allocation for Service(s)/Program(s) within the Community of Care.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of practice issues.
- Keeps informed about evolving tends and practices, shares knowledge and supports Nurses to integrate evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Fosters collaborative and effective working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.