Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Sheway Program in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As a Sheway Nurse, you will:
- Provide direct health care services to marginalized women and their infants and/or children with complex needs living in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver.
- Use trauma informed, harm reduction, self-care management principles to conduct assessments, identify variances, and form a plan of care in collaboration with the client, with the, interdisciplinary team member and/or community agency.
- Ensure continuity of care across the continuum by liaising with interdisciplinary team members, coordinating, implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care, coordinating ongoing care and supporting transition.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with primary care providers as appropriate and in accordance with the service delivery model.
- Act as a resource for the team by providing information based on nursing theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs that includes mental health and substance use issues and the impact of social determinants of health such as poverty, housing, food insecurity, personal safety and access to safe medical care.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
ABOUT THE SHEWAY PROGRAM
Sheway is a Coast Salish word meaning "Growth."
Sheway is a Pregnancy Outreach Program (P.O.P.) located in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver. The program provides health and social service supports to pregnant women and women with infants under eighteen months who are dealing with drug and alcohol issues. The focus of the program is to help the women have healthy pregnancies and positive early parenting experiences.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience working with individuals with mental health and substance use issues, providing maternal/infant care or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certified practice in Contraceptive Management and Sexually Transmitted Infections.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.