Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse OR Registered Psychiatric Nurse to join the team at Minoru Residence as a Long Term Care Clinical Operations Supervisor in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Operations Supervisor with VCH you will:
- Oversee all aspects of care delivery and daily activities of designated programs/areas.
- Provide leadership in program development areas related to best practices in designated programs/areas, integration of innovative health promotion strategies, practice/clinical documentation and clinical education.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on the achievement of quality indicators and program goals and objectives.
- Ensure a high standard of care while promoting interdisciplinary practice and ensuring a safe environment for staff and clients.
- Administrate/oversee and provide supervision to designated staff and team professionals including continuous communications, conflict resolution, performance recognition, coaching, performance management, safe work and client transfer practices, workload and staffing issues.
- Conduct Attendance Wellness Promotion (AWP), Respectful Workplace, accommodation and other meetings in conjunction with an HR Advisor.
- Recruit, hire, select, mentor and retain staff.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Baccalaureate in Nursing and/or Bachelors in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in an appropriate area of clinical practice within a large complex health organization.
- Strong facilitation, conflict management and resolution skills that include three (3) years supervisory leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.