Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team at Three Bridges Community Health Centre with the STOP HIV/AIDS Initiatives. Apply today to join our team!
As a HIV/AIDS Outreach Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health, you will:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide outreach services to vulnerable/marginalized clients and communities who are at high risk for HIV/AIDS.
- Provide frontline primary health care services to clients in the form of immediate assessment, intervention and treatment.
- Provide pre- and post-test counseling for the HIV antibody test, test results, and ongoing support and referral to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of HIV/AIDS clients.
- Provide harm reduction education, counseling and support from a nursing perspective on issues relating to Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) and HIV in non-traditional settings such as gay bars, drop-ins, on the street and other meeting places.
- Distribute harm reduction supplies.
- Collaborate with other community-based agencies to reach populations at high risk for acquiring STDs and HIV.
- Liaise with community-based AIDS organizations or other organizations to plan, develop, implement and deliver preventive HIV/AIDS educational material workshops and programs to targeted groups.
- Identify the health issues, behaviours, needs, barriers and challenges for at-risk populations.
- Work collaboratively in team settings to develop creative strategies to address the challenges and participates in research projects, and surveys as required.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience providing screening, assessment and treatment services to clients at risk or living with HIV/AIDS or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience performing HIV testing and certified nursing practices (STI testing and treatment, pelvic exams, follow up of communicable/sexually transmitted diseases).
- Certification in Reproductive Health (STIs) with BCCNM is preferred.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.