Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Nursing Support Services Coordinator to join the Special Needs Program Team working out of various North Shore Community Health Centres. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nursing Support Services Coordinator with VCH you will:
- Provide direct and consultative services for clients from birth to age 19 who have special health care needs.
- Provide assessment, determination of care needs, teaching/training, delegation, monitoring and evaluating non-nurse caregivers who deliver delegated nursing care tasks.
- Assess children, who require direct nursing care in the community, establish a plan of care and coordinate service provision, support the family and agency nurses.
- Refer to and collaborate with interdisciplinary team members funded by Ministries of Health, Provincial Health Service Authority, Education and Children and Family Development, and other health care professionals/providers/community agencies to achieve excellence in health services and safe, efficient, effective care.
- Evaluate and advocate for changes to service provision.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years recent related nursing experience that includes working with children (0 to 19 years) who have a variety of chronic health conditions including pediatric palliative care.
- Experience in wound care, gastrostomy and nasogastric tube management, catheterization, diabetes management and seizure management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. driver's license. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement will be paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and practice of community health nursing theory within a primary health care and population health approach.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) standards of practice for nursing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence-based nursing practice related to early childhood, including normal growth and development, family theory and multicultural health practices.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel clients and their families.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.