Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses to join our various COVID-19 testing sites. Apply today to join our team!
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of VCHs strategic response to COVID-19. We are looking for LPNs to screen patients for COVID-19 symptoms and perform NP swabbing to test. Full training and PPE provided.
Regular Full Time, Regular Part Time, and Casual positions available.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health, you will:
- Practice collaboratively as a member of an interprofessional team within Scope of Practice and Professional/Practice Standards of BCCNM for Licensed Practical Nurses and within VCH policies, guidelines and clinical practice documents.
- Provide care to clients and families based on predictable outcomes and the needs/outcomes can be managed by following an established plan of care or under the direction/supervision/guidance of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Work closely with the RN in direct care activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care.
- Support clients and families to achieve and maintain optimal health.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage will be reimbursed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally safe and competent care, specifically pertaining to Aboriginal people.
- Knowledge and practice within the standards dictated by the BCCNM for LPNs.
- Broad knowledge of working with clients and families across the life span.
- Broad knowledge of working with Medical, Surgical and Palliative clients.
- Broad knowledge of Community resources and polices.
- Demonstrated ability to apply decision-making and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interprofessional team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge and experience with basic computer programs (Word, Microsoft Outlook). Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.