Are you interested in being part of a team that provides person and family centred care? Join the interprofessional team in Prince Rupert and be a part of something new and exciting.
In accordance with Northern Health’s vision of an idealized system of services built on a foundation of Primary Care where people and their families receive primary care services in Primary Care Homes supported by interprofessional teams. The Primary Care LPN functions as a member of the interprofessional team and applies best practice to provide competent, safe, and ethical care for people and their families in settings such as physician practices, homes, schools, and communities. The Primary Care LPN provides care that includes clinical follow up according to the person’s primary Care Plan and the person’s personal goals of care to inform plans of care developed collaboratively with the interprofessional team. The Primary Care LPN will support people and their families to achieve and maintain optimal health.
The Primary Care Licensed Practical Nurse performs assessments, plans, and implements and provides personal and nursing care to people. The LPN administers oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications in accordance with pharmaceutical and organizational policies and procedures. The scope or extent of the skills that the LPN performs varies according to the predictability of the outcome for a given population. The LPN operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Monday to Friday, Days - 08:00 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:30, 09:00 to 17:00
Primary and Community Care
Northern Health’s approach to person and family-centered care involves creating health care teams, which include your doctor or nurse practitioner and other health care professionals, to provide a range of health care services. The quality of care increases by providing continuity of care over time and across settings, and will result in better long-term health outcomes.
Prince Rupert is a coastal port city with a population of 12,220 (2021). It is nestled into a mountain and surrounded by the Great Bear Rainforest. See rare wildlife, explore our rugged landscapes, and experience world-class fishing adventures you won’t find anywhere else. Check out more on Prince Rupert, known as the halibut capital of the world.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
Who we are
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses with one (1) year of recent, related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant (BCCNM).
- Current, valid BC Driver’s License.
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.