Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Follow the path to an exciting career as a Nursing Assistant at Chetwynd General Hospital.
Under the direction or supervision of the Unit Manager or designated supervisor, assists residents with the activities of daily living, including personal, social, physical and spiritual needs. Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days - 07:00 to 14:00
Chetwynd General Hospital is a five acute care bed hospital, with seven long-term beds. Services include emergency, medical inpatient, palliative care, primary care nursing, home support and respiratory therapy.
Chetwynd is located in the foothills of the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains with a population of 3100. New residents have the opportunity to make a difference where they live everyday both inside and outside of work. Come to Chetwynd and build your family village with us. Check out Chetwynd for more information on this friendly and supportive community.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
Who we are
- Minimum Grade 10 education or equivalent.
- Certification from a Long Term Care Aide program.
- Previous experience in a Long Term Care Facility or home care services is an asset.
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.