Come work as a Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker with the BC Psychosis Program at UBC Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker with a Social Services Diploma OR a Certificate from a Health Care Worker program to join our team at the BC Psychosis Program at UBC Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker at VCH you will:
- Provide support to the recovery of individuals living with severe and persistent mental illnesses who require resources beyond the scope of secondary mental health services due to the intensity, complexity or intractability of their symptoms.
- Provide a variety of day-to-day physical, emotional, and social supports, advocacy, life skills assistance and support to access resources to individuals with complex severe and persistent mental illnesses.
- Work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to assist in the development of individualized rehabilitative treatment plans.
- Contribute to the overall evaluation of the client.
- Observe and monitor clients’ progress, symptoms and behavioural changes and report significant observations.
- Establish, maintain and enhance therapeutic relationships based on respect.
- Promote independence for client while supporting them with activities of daily living such as personal care, including bathing, grooming, dressing, oral hygiene, toileting needs, perineal care and incontinence supply changes; community appointments/errands/activities; and meal planning and preparation.
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment for clients and the team.
- Participate in team meetings, engage in team planning and quality improvement activities, and maintain and updates own knowledge.
ABOUT THE BC PSYCHOSIS PROGRAM:
BC Psychosis Program is located on the University of British Columbia campus in Detwiller Pavilion. Our Program provides highly specialized assessment and treatment for adults whose psychotic illness has been difficult to treat and/or for whom the psychiatric diagnosis is unclear.
bed numbers: 25
length of stay: 3-5 months
Three reasons why you should work with us:
- Join our specialized team providing patient focused care for people with difficult to treat psychosis.
- We are a provincial center for research, post-graduate education and professional development in clinical disciplines treating psychosis.
- We are located on the beautiful UBC Campus with convenient staff parking and bicycle racks available.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, Social Services Diploma, or Certificate from a recognized Health Care Worker educational program, such as Health Care Support Worker Certificate, Certificate in Community Mental Health, Human Service Worker Certificate or Addictions Worker Certificate, plus two (2) years’ experience working in a psychiatric setting with individuals who have complex mental health and addictions issues, or other qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work.
- Successful candidates may be required to successfully complete a Food Safe certification course if applicable to the designated program during their orientation/qualifying period in order to be deemed to have successfully passed their qualifying period.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize the work
- Ability to operate related equipment.