- Demonstrates personal accountability for own professional practice and professional growth.
- Performs other duties as aligned with the mission and values of the organization.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide nursing care based on physical psychosocial educational safety and age-related criteria pertinent to the patients served in his/her assigned area.
- Provides patient/family education and assists in discharge planning utilizing resources and considering patient/family readiness barriers and alternatives.
- Establishes priorities for patient care delivery and uses critical thinking skills coordinates and completes patient care responsibilities independently or by appropriately delegating.
- Administers medication and parenteral therapy in accordance with policy and procedure including blood administration.
- Establishes effective caring relationships with staff patients families and other members of the health care team.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with members of the health care team escalating situations appropriately.
- Promotes patient safety and quality including adherence to the National Patient Safety Goals
- Documents patient assessment reassessment progress toward goal achievement and all other required documentation accurately and timely.
The RN will be responsible to:
- Provide clinical assessment and care including wound care.
- Conduct health education sessions in individual and group settings.
- Assist with referrals and linkage to primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care.
- Link patients with substance abuse history to medication assisted treatment (MAT) or other treatment programs.
- Provide Overdose prevention tips and referrals to at risk clients.
- Encourage treatment readiness and adherence counseling; providing tools and tips for taking prescribed medications.
- Collaborate with DHS ( Dept of Homeless Services) staff to ensure patients have continuity of care once they leave the shelter.
Must be a graduate of an Accredited Nursing Program -BSN preferred
NY State RN License
1-2 years recent hospital based or outpatient Nursing experience required
Ambulatory care experience preferred
Experience with the underserved preferred
NY State Infection control Certificate
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.