|Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Bulkley Valley District Hospital.
Reports to Director of Care and is guided by the Visions and Values of Northern Health, BCCNM Standards of Practice and Codes of Ethics. Identifies, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care required to assist patients in meeting their physical, social and psychological needs in accordance with established NH and BVDH policies and procedures. Practices as a member of the nursing team.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00, rotating
Bulkley Valley District Hospital is a 19-bed acute care hospital which integrates home and community care into one facility. Services include emergency/outpatient, medical/surgical, maternity, palliative care, laboratory, radiology, pediatrics, home & community care and community cancer clinic. The medical staff in Smithers consists of family physicians, anesthetists, a pediatrician, visiting surgeons and other specialists.
Smithers has a population of 5,401 (2021) local residents and is located in the picturesque Bulkley Valley surrounded by three mountain ranges that provide a backdrop for the towns’ Alpine setting. Check out Smithers where there is always something new to experience.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Post-graduate certification in Emergency Nursing or Critical Care Nursing or a minimum of one (1) years’ recent related experience in an Emergency or ICU setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience is preferred.
- Current CPR – Basic Rescuer level required.
- Current ACLS certification preferred.
- All Specially Trained Nursing Skills (STN) related to the unit of employment must be completed within six (6) months of employment.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.