|**Relocation is available for this position**
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Licensed Practical Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Birchwood Place.
Under the direction of the Residential & Recovery Team Leader (nurse) or designate, the LPN uses a PSR approach in contributing to the assessment, development, and implementation of care plans and evaluation of client centered care for Adults with Mental Illness and other co-occurring disorders within Seven Sisters and Birchwood Place. The LPN is knowledgeable of and practices in accordance with the standards of practice as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and established organizational policies and procedures. The LPN is expected to engage the individual and family as people with full competence and as full collaborators in service planning, delivery, and evaluation.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Evenings - 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00 rotating
Terrace has a population 12,700 (2021) residents. The community of Terrace is northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Check out Terrace where there is always something new to experience.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
- The following courses are a must: completion of a Pharmacology course, Head to toe Assessment, Taking and Transcribing Doctor’s Orders, IV Therapy.
- All other courses deemed necessary to keep LPN licensure current in accordance to the BCCNM.
- Knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation practice.
- Knowledge of psychiatric medication and side-effects.
- Class V BC Drivers License. Use of own vehicle is required for travel.
- Certificates in CPR and First Aid.
- Three years recent experience working in the mental health field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.