Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Licensed Practical Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Terraceview Lodge.
Works within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with the standards, scope and code of ethics as outlined by BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and vision and values of the Northern Health. Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor or designate, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the Licensed Practical Nurse applies Nursing Process, performs assessments, plans, provides nursing care, and may provide direction to other staff.
The LPN operates in accordance with the expected competencies within the Entry to Practice Competencies, Scope of Practice and Standards of Practice as outlined by BCCNM, as well as within a client and family centered care model and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Evenings - 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00 rotating
Terraceview Lodge is a 99 bed Long-term care Facility with 4 care communities: Lakelse, Copper, Skeena and Nass. The facility is comprised of 90 long-term care beds, 3 respite, 3 hospice palliative care beds, plus 9 short stay beds available for respite and convalescence stays. Terraceview Lodge provides Recreational Therapy Services on a daily basis. Pastoral and Spiritual Services are available to residents.
Terrace has a population 12,700 (2021) residents. The community of Terrace is northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Check out Terrace where there is always something new to experience.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
Who we are
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
- One (1) year of recent, related acute care or residential experience.
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.