Come work as a Licensed Practical Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse to join the Inner City COVID-Outreach Team at the Three Bridges Community Health Centre. Apply today to join our team!
About the COVID-19 Outreach Team (COT)
The COVID-19 Outreach Team (COT) provides clinical support to under-housed, precariously housed or homeless clients who are admitted to the designated isolation sites during the COVID-19 pandemic. COT provides short term care to clients admitted to designated isolation sites with a focus on COVID-19 symptom management.
The COT primarily aims to:
- Decrease community transmission of COVID-19
- Transition to alternate level of care ( acute care) when potential serious complications of illness arise
- Manage client’s symptoms based on client’s goals of care and support/monitor client during a period of convalescence.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse with VCH you will:
- Work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary care team to perform full scope of practical nursing functions as outlined by BCCNM standards for LPNs with a focus on clients with stable and/or predictable states of health.
- Perform activities such as assessing, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care and support to the client according to established care plans.
- Work with the Registered Nurse, Medical Health Officer and/or Physician on-call in caring for clients with unpredictable outcomes or where the acuity or complexity of care requires an advanced level of knowledge and skill beyond the scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence pursuant to the standards of practice of BCCNM for Licensed Practical Nurses.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Licensed Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination or education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years recent experience working as a full scope Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of infection control and management of infectious illnesses in the affected population.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and respond to the client flow and health delivery system.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Knowledge and practice within the standards dictated by the BCCNM for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Ability to clinically support clients with mental health and substance use issues.
- Broad knowledge of harm reduction & Trauma Informed approaches to client care.
- Demonstrated ability in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage/solve conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge and experience with basic computer programs (Word, Microsoft Outlook).
- Ability to operate medical related equipment.