Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Dawson Creek & District Hospital.
AORN Perioperative Nursing Program Details
- Northern Health provides placement support and funding for tuition, textbooks, and travel expenses for clinical placements, as required
- Learners should expect to make a 6 – 12-month commitment for this education, which includes online and in-person learning
- Additional study time, outside of schedule hours, may be required to successfully complete the program
- Flexibility for practicums is necessary
- Applicants must successfully complete the education program prior to working in the department
- Applicants must be agreeable to an 18 month return of services with Northern Health in the specialty area where training was provided
Under the general direction of the OR/PACU Unit Manager, the OR/P.A.R. nurse provides direct nursing care to the peri-operative patient according to established standards/policies and provides work direction to nursing and non-nursing staff as required. The OR/P.A.R. nurse assesses the physical and psychological needs; plans, implements, evaluating and documents the nursing care for the patient during the peri-operative process, and the immediate post-operative period. On Call is required.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Monday to Friday, Days - 07:45 to 15:45
Dawson Creek & District Hospital is a 50-bed hospital that offers full service that includes inpatient care, emergency, respiratory, rehab, surgery, obstetrics & gynecology lab, medical imaging and cancer care. The hospital is the northeastern BC orthopedic and trauma centre. Visiting specialists in urology, dermatology and pediatrics is also available.
Dawson Creek has a population of 12,178 (2021) with a youthful and vibrant community that serves as a major centre for the surrounding areas. Come enjoy the beautiful sunrises and sunsets Dawson Creek has to offer. Check out Dawson Creek for more information about this community where the northern lights shine.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current Level C CPR certification required.
- Post graduate certificate in perioperative nursing or a minimum of one-year recent related experience in peri-operative nursing.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.