Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Haida Gwaii Hospital.
Reporting to the Manager, Maternal Child Services, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the framework of quality management and in accordance with the UHNBC mission statement. The role is defined by the needs of the Hospital, a select patient/family population, agency expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice.
UNBC NURS 454 Training Program Details
- There is 1 training position available for this intake
- Northern Health provides placement support and funding for tuition, textbooks, and travel expenses for clinical placements, as required
- Learners should expect to make a 4 – 6 month commitment for this education, which includes online and in-person learning
- Additional study time, outside of scheduled hours, may be required to successfully complete the program
- Flexibility for practicums is necessary
- Applicants must successfully complete the education program prior to working in the department
- Applicants must be agreeable to an 18 month return of service with Northern Health in the specialty area where training was provided
- Qualified applicants will be considered first for specialty positions. If there are not qualified applicants, training lines will be awarded to unqualified applicants and training will be provided
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00, rotating
Haida Gwaii Hospital is a eight acute bed facility and eight long-term care beds that serves the local population and residents of surrounding villages. Queen Charlotte is also home to the Haida Gwaii Cancer Care Clinic. Services include general practice and basic emergency, minor surgery, stabilization of trauma and critically ill patients, midwifery, alcohol and drug counselling, public health and social work services.
Queen Charlotte is located on the shores of the Skidegate Inlet on the southern end of Haida Gwaii with a population of 943 local residents. Queen Charlotte is a community full of art and culture. Gift shops and coffee shops scattered throughout the town display the works of various artists ranging from paintings, woodcarving, pottery, Haida carving, glass work and handmade clothing. Check out Queen Charlotte for more information on this amazing community.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
Who we are
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Advanced preparation in a Perinatal clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Current Fetal Health Surveillance
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 2 years
- Post graduate courses (within last 5 years) appropriate to service assignment or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.