**Relocation is available for this position**
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want a career with an organization that is one of the best places to work in British Columbia? Helping people stay in the home they love is Northern Health’s commitment; make it yours as well.
Under the direction of the Team Lead or designated clinical leader, provides home support services to clients in accordance with a pre-established care plan. Assists with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, planning and preparing meals while promoting maximum independence. Performs delegated tasks for which delegation of tasks training has been completed. A key component of this job is to ensure the well-being of individuals and families and to promote independent living while in the community.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Evenings - 16:00 to 22:30 rotating
Terrace has a population 12,700 (2021) residents. The community of Terrace is northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Check out Terrace where there is always something new to experience.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Three weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
Who we are
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program Registered on the BC Care Aid Registry.
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers’ License.
- Certificates in CPR, First Aid and Food Safe.
- Use of personal vehicle.
- Or equivalent combination of current education, training and experience.
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.