Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Supported Housing team as a Nurse Clinician/CRN in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse Clinician/CRN with VCH, you will:
- Provide leadership and apply specialized theory and knowledge relating to designated/specific patient/client populations to promote the delivery of safe, ethical and quality care.
- Act as a clinical resource by providing consultation and clinical support to the interdisciplinary care team, other professionals and students.
- Promote excellence in patient/client centered care, education and research.
- Participate in direct patient/client and family care, when required.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of post basic specialty nursing certificate/program if applicable and three (3) years' recent, related experience in the designated specialized clinical area or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle for local area travel may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally on a one to one and group setting.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and support staff through transition.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the assessment and treatment of specialized patient/client population utilizing best available evidence informed practice.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational programs and materials for staff/patients/clients and families based on educations theories, principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a supportive and creative learning environment.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well as applicable wordprocessing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.