Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Manager, Home Health to join the RHS - Corporate Support Team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Manager, Home Health with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the Home Health Director, the Home Health Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of designated home health services within the context of a Primary and Community Care Strategy.
- Supervise interdisciplinary clinical care and support staff in designated Community Health Centres/sites and is responsible for the operations, human resource management, budgeting, resource utilization, planning, implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Provide leadership in addressing the ongoing issues/needs of clients, patients, their families/carers and the community ensuring appropriate and accessible care services are in place.
- Lead an interdisciplinary team and works as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve high quality client, family and community-centred care, education and research.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses as well as seven (7) to ten (10) year's progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of home health programs.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of relevant departmental policies, provincial and municipal legislative requirements and other programs and processes related to home and community care.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with community partners, internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate services that consider client needs, service delivery interrelationship and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understands available resources in home health and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, collaborate and negotiate for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Utilizes skill and knowledge in the application of current word processing, spreadsheet and database programs for reporting and business purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative working relationships and supports the ongoing development of staff.
- Utilizes skill and knowledge in the application of appropriate software programs.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.